Today, everybody is constantly looking for ways to look young at any age. Your face is the first part of the body to show the signs of aging. These signs first appear as vertical lip lines and stubborn etched-in smile lines form. Factors such as sun exposure, smoking, and air pollution also affect your skin.
As you definitely know, there are so many ways to get rid of wrinkles. Dermal fillers are one of the most popular options to treat facial lines. Here is everything you need to know about them.
How can dermal fillers enhance appearance?
Dermal fillers are injected beneath the skin to fill in facial wrinkles and creases, as well as nasolabial folds, plump the lips, and add volume to the cheeks. There are a variety of fillers; some are made up of organic materials and some contain synthetic ones.
Fillers are not permanent, and naturally dissolve by time. They usually last anywhere between 6 to 18 months, and at some point, you will need to repeat the procedure again. Filler duration and success are highly dependent on the amount of activity in the injection area, the type and volume of the filler, underlying tissue structure and where the filler is injected.
Injecting lip fillers is a common way to reshape thin lips and replace lost collagen and hyaluronic acid. This process is minimally invasive with little to no down time.
Different types of fillers include:
- Hyaluronic Acid, a natural substance in the body that helps keep skin plump and hydrated. HA fillers last between 6 to 12 months.
- Calcium Hydroxyapatite, a mineral-like substance that is used to restore volume to the lips and fill in moderate to severe wrinkles. CH fillers last 12 months and help stimulate natural collagen production.
- Polylactic Acid, a biocompatible, biodegradable, synthetic substance that can stimulate collagen production to smooth out fine lines. Polylactic Acid lasts 2 years or more, and is used to fill in deeper facial wrinkles.
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA), a synthetic, semi-permanent “microsphere” filler that is used to provide continued support. This filler contains collagen and makes the skin firm and smooth.
The benefits of lip fillers
Nowadays people use lip fillers and dermal injections to improve their facial appearance and change the size and shape of their lips. This process can help redefine mouth contours, and give volume, structure, and shape to the lips.
Lip fillers are affordable and safe, and have instant and controllable results. These injectables are recommended for those who have thin and poorly shaped lips, struggle with wrinkles, or simply want fuller lips.
Here are some of the benefits of lip fillers:
Obviously, lip injection can enhance your overall facial appearance. With fuller lips, you will look younger and this can boost your self-esteem in social and professional settings.
Lip fillers look very natural, as they are made of hyaluronic acid that is naturally present in your body. The filler dissolves naturally in the body and you can safely repeat the process after 6 months.
Treating aging signs and reshaping thin lips
Lip fillers help eliminate wrinkles and fine lines, in addition to making your lips plumper. They can also change the size of your lips, and make them look fuller, which will, in turn, tighten the skin around your lips and reduce wrinkles.
Little to No Side Effects
The hyaluronic acid fillers rarely cause any allergic reactions. However, it is highly recommended that you consult your doctor to see if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
No Down time
Lip and dermal injections do not require recovery time and you can resume your normal activities a day after the procedure.
Pros and cons of dermal fillers
Dermal fillers improve the appearance of your skin, in addition to helping you look and feel youthful. Here is a list of some of the pros and cons of dermal fillers:
- Younger looking skin
- You can determine your desired amount of volume
- Minimal pain
- Collagen growth stimulation
- Little to no recovery time
- Mild side effects
- A relatively high cost
- Such side effects as bruising, bleeding, and swelling
- Not permanent
To find out how dermal fillers might help you look your best and reach your beauty goals, contact our clinic and ask for a consultation session with our experts.