Everybody ages, but the cosmetic industry has developed to beat the aging signs such as skin conditions. It has attracted many people from every walk of life who desire to put their best face forward. Rejuvenating facial methods have been utilized in this industry to help you restore your youthful appearance. Anti-wrinkle procedures are reported to be among the most popular treatments people have undergone.
Lines and Wrinkles
Wrinkles are common skin conditions that develop due to different factors.
- Your lifestyle has a primary effect on your skin. Having a proper skin-care routine, and avoiding unhealthy habits like smoking or bad diets can help prevent wrinkles.
- Exposure to the sun is another cause of premature skin wrinkling. UV radiation causes changes to the skin, like fine lines, wrinkles, and pigment, by stimulating the formation of free radicals within your skin. Wearing protective sunscreen with a high SPF of at least 30, and avoiding the sun can be helpful as preventative measures.
- Age plays the most significant role in your skin’s youthfulness. When you get older, less elastin and collagen fibers are produced, which can lead to the formation of lines and wrinkles.
According to a report by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Botox was the top female cosmetic anti-aging procedure in 2016. Botox injection is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure used to reduce lines and wrinkles. It blocks the nerve signals to the muscle and prevents deeper wrinkles. It is FDA-approved and considered safe, carrying no serious risks or rare side effects.
You will need no recovery once you get a Botox injection, and you will notice the desired results with no downtime.
What Is Botox?
Botox is one of the many trade names for botulinum toxin type A, which is naturally produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. When injected, it blocks the ability of muscles to communicate and limits their movements by stopping the nerve signals.
What Are The Benefits of Botox?
Botox is a rejuvenation procedure that can target different areas such as the forehead, Crow’s feet, Smoker’s lines, Marionette Lines, Corners of the mouth, and your sagging brows.
- Botox restricts your facial expression habits and slows the formation of new lines and wrinkles as a preventative approach that stops the mild lines from developing into deep wrinkles.
- Botox can help with sagging brows instead of a brow lift. It enhances your appearance through a quick, minimally- invasive process.
- Botox can be applied based on a personalized treatment plan addressing your problems and what you desire.
- Botox is one of the remedies for people who sweat excessively.
How Often Should You Get Botox?
Botox injections are typically applied once every four months. However, the effects are different considering the patient and the condition. Different factors will affect how long the results will last, like the treatment areas or the depth of the wrinkle, and the dosage for your treatment.
Dysport vs. Botox
Dysport is another brand name for botulinum toxin with the same primary active ingredient as Botox. It can be a better solution for treating larger areas of concern due to its less heavy and potent formula. Dysport is also FDA-approved to treat facial wrinkles and for therapeutic uses like limb spasticity.
Dysport and Botox work the same way to smooth the lines and prevent dynamic wrinkles by weakening the strength of muscle contractions and reducing the severity of the creases in the upper face or other affected muscles. The outcome of Dysport and Botox will last the same amount of time, which is three to four months. They have the same potential side effects, such as temporary bruising, pain, and redness, and require the same post-treatment care routine.
Although Dysport and Botox do not function differently, they differ in structure, being made by a different manufacturer. Their onset time is also different, and Dysport is considered slightly faster than Botox.
Xeomin vs. Botox and Dysport
Just like Botox, Xeomin is a brand of botulinum toxin type A. It is made from the same purified protein as Botox with a difference in structure. Considered a more natural alternative, Xeomin filters out the accessory proteins by isolating the therapeutic components. It is the only neuromodulator that demands no refrigeration. The warmer injection of Xeomin is reported to be more relaxing than the cold Botox injections. Xeomin functions by causing muscles to relax like Botox and Dysport, but it is the fastest in terms of onset, and its results last for about four months.
If you are worried about choosing the proper anti-wrinkle injectable, try looking for a board-certified dermatologist, and rest assured that you will get the best results from any type of these treatments. At Beverly Wilshire Aesthetics, we help you with a customized treatment plan for any rejuvenating purposes. We listen to your concerns and offer the best solutions to satisfy your needs. Contact us whether you would like to know more about anti-wrinkle procedures or if you have complaints about your signs of aging. We are here to pave the way for you to enjoy your youthful appearance.